Why Work With DRB – Sell Annuity
How to Prepare for Black Friday!
Did you miss out on a vacation this summer due to lack of funds? Unfortunately, sometimes life throws us an unexpected “financial” curve ball impacting our budget, restricting our resources to take a much needed vacation. Even with limited resources, you can get a break with a creative staycation!
A staycation is known as a vacation spent close to home – leisurely enjoying your immediate surroundings, visiting local attractions during the day and sleeping in your own beds at night! DRB Capital offers up some great ideas on how to enjoy your time off to its fullest, without breaking the bank!
Be a Tourist in Your Own Town
- Online Discounts – Leverage online discount sites like Groupon and Living Social to find unique low-cost things to do. Drive a sports car, laugh during a comedy show, try paintball, stay at a local hotel and enjoy the amenities – all at discounted rates!
- Museums – Many museums offer free admission days (call the museum to find out the days). Take advantage of fantastic opportunities like these! If there are no museums in the area, you can take a virtual tour of museums around the world all from the comfort of your home computer! You can tell your friends that you visited the Louvre in your pajamas!
- Go to the beach or pool – Live near a beach or have access to a pool? Pack a picnic lunch, bring music, a raft, toss a beach ball and enjoy the surroundings! Head to the beach with a bottle of wine to enjoy the sunset and gaze at the stars. Many local beaches even hold free outdoor events, join in!
- Go to a movie – Beat the heat and see that summer blockbuster everyone is raving about. Opt for the matinee showing to save on the movie ticket price.
- Play your favorite sport – Dust off your football or tennis racket and practice perfecting your throw or serve. Get the family involved and invite some friends for a friendly competition. Fire up the BBQ for a meal after the festivities and make a day out of it.
- Go to a sporting event – If you are a sports fan, check out the game schedule for your local minor league team. You’ll get a similar experience as if at a major league event, at a lower price. Invite friends and family to come along and set up a cookout beforehand!
- Spend time at the park – Many parks offer free entry – even National Parks! Most also offer family-friendly activities to explore, including free outdoor concerts. Bring along a blanket to relax on, catch up on your favorite book, hike one of the trails or break out your kite if it’s a breezy day!
- Make camping an adventure – Pitch a tent, grab your sleeping bags and pillows and head to the great outdoors – right in your backyard! Take it to the next level – make s’mores, tell ghost stories or just relax and gaze at the stars above.
- Visit your local zoo – When was the last time you went to the zoo? The zoo is a fun filled day of exploration for everyone in the family. Map out the shows and exhibits you want to see during your visit. Check your local newspaper for discounts on tickets or special events.
- Break out the board games – When was the last time you challenged your family to a game of Scrabble or Monopoly? Dust off those board games sitting on the shelf in your closet, grab some snacks and have a board game marathon! You’d be surprised at how much fun this time together will be!
- Relax – Your staycation is YOUR time. Make the most of it and create new memories, all without the pressure to spend a lot of money!
DRB Capital understands the importance of saving money and the need for life balance. We put our customer’s needs first. To learn more about DRB Capital, call 877-894-4541.